RV Ultimate Protection Direct, ("Company" or "We" or "RVUPD") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
We collect several types of information from you in various ways when you interact with us, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number;
- RV Information
- Credit/debit card or other payment method information;
- E-mail address ("Personal Information") or;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through third parties. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect may include, among other things:
- Information that you provide when establishing an account with us, placing an order on our Website;
- Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- Information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us, including email, voice and chat transcripts;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions when you make a purchase from us;
- Information you may be required to provide regarding contact, billing, payment or other financial information before placing an order with us;
- Information regarding your participation in a program offered by us or a third party;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Information that you provide when you communicate with any or our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax. In addition, when you communicate through the telephone, we may record audio of the conversations for quality control, training, security and analytics purposes and allowed by law according to the state of residence.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, or used by such persons without your consent.
Information Requests and Email Newsletter Subscriptions:
Upon placing an order with us, you may begin receiving email newsletter, unless you opt-out of receiving such communications by emailing info@RVUltimateProtectionDirect.com . Your welcome email, will also alert you if someone else has entered your email address into our email newsletter subscription list. In order to make our email newsletters more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email message from us.
From time to time, we may run game promotions such as sweepstakes, contests of other promotions (collectively, "game promotions"). If you enter a game promotion, you will opt-in to receive email or other communications from us and our affiliated partners. You may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such email or communications by following the directions in the email or contacting that site. Your opt-out status will not affect your participation or chances to win in the game promotion. During the applicable game promotion period, however, you may nevertheless receive emails which we deem are related to the game promotion.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies:
As you navigate and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect information through the use of "Web Beacons" on pages of our Website and e-mails. Web Beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record data about visits to or transactions made on the Site. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience and our customer service.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Third Party Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information such as through co-branded or joint offerings with third parties
Children and Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website, on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will work to delete that information.
We maintain relationships with third party affiliate websites. Although we do not and cannot control the activities of the third parties that operate such websites, in the event you suspect an affiliate website is engaging in abusive practices, including, for example, spam, trademark infringement, predatory means of attracting visitors, or unlawful activities, please email info@RVUltimateProtectionDirect.com
Our Use of Information We Collect
We may use or disclose information, including any Personal Information, we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- present our Website and its contents to you;
- improve your experience on our Website;
- provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request;
- provide you with notices about your account;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, terms and conditions and/or arrangements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide trough it;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- help us target specific offers to you, to help us develop and improve our Website, and to tailor our Website to your interests;
- generate personas, personal preferences, market trends from algorithmic and language processing/analysis;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act; or
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, stock sale, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
Disclosure of Your Information to Others
We may also use such information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
Aggregate Information: We provide aggregate information to some of our business partners. This information is used in a collective manner and does not identify you individually in any way. We collect and share aggregate information in order to know more about the general profile of our customers so we can improve your shopping experience. We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information about use of the Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites referred them to the Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve the Site and the user experience. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Site, but does not collect your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit the Site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to the Site by disabling cookies on your browser.
Limitations on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL RV ULTIMATE PROTECTION. OR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF GLOBAL EQUIPMENT COMPANY INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE RIGHTS ADDITIONAL TO THOSE CONTAINED HEREIN.
INTERNATIONAL USERS AND VISITORS
If you are accessing or using any of the Properties from a jurisdiction outside of the United States, you understand and agree that such access and use shall be governed by these Terms and United States law.